The wedding comes only once in the lifetime of a person. So, while we need it to be picture perfect event at the same time we also want to enjoy it with our family and friends.
You should an event planner if:
- If you are having a destination wedding
- If you are having multiple wedding events spread across multiple days with the gathering of more than fifteen hundred people for the main event.
- When you have many out of city guests and you don’t have many helping hands.
- You are not much concerned about money but you want peace of mind and want to enjoy the wedding at the fullest.
On the other hand, we also consider the cost we have to bear for the event planner. When should we ready to pay for peace of mind and when we should save our hard earned money?
You Should not consider an event planner in any condition other than mentioned above.
So, now if your mind is clear and you want to have a planner, where to start and whom to choose is a big question. While there are many event managers available today, some are exceptionally good while others are having no clue what they are doing. So, to choose wisely, follow along.
What to consider before booking an event planner:
- Experience. As we always say, no two weddings are the same. So, the experience is the key. You may encounter an issue which you might not have ever heard about. An experienced event manager will keep calm and will find a way out.
- Taste. See his/her previous work. See his/her taste. Do you like the style and concepts? Observe the way he talks. The way he responds to your queries. You will soon realize that he/she is the one you will go with or not.
- Team. Does he/she have a good team of support staff or he/she works alone? A good-dedicated team is very important in any field of work. You cannot do everything alone. Especially during some pressure situation. Check it out with him/her before finalizing.
- Charges. How does he/she charge? Does he/she works on commission basis or he/she takes a fixed amount as the fees to manage the event? Be clear and finalize it in advance.
- Cultural. Is he/she has proper knowledge of the rituals and events in your community or culture? In India, there are hundreds of casts with lacs of sub-casts having lacs of different rituals. It is better if he has done a wedding or two in your community. So, that he knows what and how the event will go.
- Local. It is very important if he/she is living in the same city where the event is (unless it is a destination wedding). A local person can manage things easily and can cater to your last minute requirements easily than the outsider.
- Our recommendations. If you are getting married at Surat or nearby, you definitely check our favorite vendors list here. The list contains the vendors with whom we have work earlier and have liked their work.
This is by no means a small decision. Take your time and choose the one who suits you the most. If you are also not so sure about your wedding photographer, check out our post about how to choose your perfect wedding photographer here.